BAPTISMS OF OUR LADY OF MONSERRAT CATHOLIC CHURCH, 1767-1799, Located in Cruillas, Tamaulipas, Mexico
Author: Irma Garza Cantu Jones, et al
Cruillas was founded by the José Escandón enterprise on June 16, 1765 with eight families from Cadereyta, five from San Fernando, two from Salinas, one from Saltillo, and three soldiers. In 1854 Capt. Richard King recruited vaqueros from drouth-stricken Cruillas to work at the King Ranch. Many descendants still work and reside there. Contains brief history. Most common names are Ayala, Barrientos, Cantú, Cruz, Garza, de León, Durán, Galván, García, Gonzáles, Gutiérres, Herrera, Leal. Longoria, Palacios, Peña, Quintanilla, Ramíres, Reyes, Rivera, Rodrígues, Sánches, Silva and Villarreal, but many more.854 & index. San Antonio, 2001 1st Ed., 175 Pgs. PB.